Friday, February 9, 2007

The Windy City

I don't have much new to say about the knitting I've been doing. I'm STILL not done doing the embroidery on the blanket that I posted photos of the other day. I've been seeking solace-giving knitting lately and that ain't it. The teddy bear blanket I'm working on is a little better for what the Yarn Harlot calls "Idiot Knitting." But, honestly, I'm going to have SO freaking many ends to sew in when I get done it makes my blood curdle. Ahem.

So, I thought I'd write about a bright spot in my knitterly life: the city of Chicago. I have moved back here after 5 years' absence and I am so glad that I did. It's the best city in the world. For me, at least. Of course, when I say the world, I mean the very limited part of it that I've experienced.... I really like London, though.... But I digress.

Anyway, one of the coolest things about this city is how much fun stuff there is going on here and one of those things happens to be knitting!! The city has been doing a Stitching Salon this winter. I don't know if they've done it before or not, but I never knew about it. Anyway, they just extended it until the end of March. I have not yet had a chance to check it out, but I am very excited about it and am pleased that it has been extended, as that increases the chance that I will be able to see it before it closes. Obviously, it has been popular, since they've extended it. More converts!! The only bad thing about this is that it means less room for me.... But, I think I shall survive -- especially since I haven't yet made it there. But I WILL!! muahahahaha.

No comments: