Monday, December 18, 2006

lefse

Well, I have been terrible about my knitting lately. I've spent more time at craft stores looking for crafts to do than i have doing my stuff. Woohoo. Not such good thinking, unfortunately....

On the bright side, my husband and I are officially back on Aunt D's lefse list. I have to admit that I do not know much about this stuff and have not fully acquired a taste for it as yet, but I am excited to be back on the distribution list. If anyone out there in cyberworld has a suggestion about how to prepare this stuff so that i will fall deeply, madly in love with it, I would appreciate it.

On to my knitting: I am currently knitting a blanket from Vogue's baby blanket book (I think it's Vogue, but I don't remember and I can't disturb the cat on my lap to go find it and determine this). I'm doing the "Hey Diddle Diddle, the cat and the fiddle, [etc.]" story blanket (again, not sure of the name). It is an intarsia blanket and it is driving me nuts. I can't really say that it's that difficult -- it's primarily Stockinette stitch -- but keeping track of the fifty million balls is driving me nuts. I have to admit, also, that I tried to eliminate some of the balls and just draw the string across the back of the design early on and it was a disaster -- too much bunching up!! (Yes, I did restart it -- can't be a proper project if I don't restart it a hundred times, right?) I still can't figure out what to do about the back of this thing. It's going to be a mess...well, not a mess -- I haven't made an unusual mess out of it -- it's just that it definitely has a wrong side and I can't decide whether I should cover that wrong side w/ flannel or something, or if I should just leave it be, as the designer for the book seems to have done. Perhaps I will post a picture of it....

No comments: