Sunday, April 22, 2007

Salvation!

I have had a crappy few days. Nothing big, but definitely stressful and a little more overwhelming than they probably should be. Friday was incredibly long. I had to do continuing legal ed stuff for the Illinois Bar (and have to do more on Monday) and I was feeling crabby and tired at the end of the day -- among other things, I'm not even sure why I was there taking the class, since I'm not a practicing lawyer. In addition to this, my cell phone appeared to be broken and my transit card wasn't working. BUT! Lo and behold! What did I have with me during that awful day? My Rockin' Sock Club sock!!

I didn't knit while people were presenting -- they could see me and I was concerned that they would take it the wrong way -- but I did get to knit when a presenter didn't show up that was supposed to and I did get to knit on the el home, which made me a considerably happier camper by the time I got home. Seriously, it made my life just a bit better. I am SO glad to have had this to do.

To make things even better, I got a bunch of yarn from Blue Moon Fiber Arts (the people who make Socks that Rock) on Saturday, which I will definitely have to photograph and post because the yarn is AMAZING. It made me so much happier. Though, I have to say that I was a bit frustrated when I realized (too late) that their sock kits (that they sell on their site -- not their rockin' sock club kits) don't actually come with instructions (for the pattern that you've bought the yarn for). To be fair, they do state this on the website, but I didn't see it. I was too transfixed by the pattern that I thought I was buying in kit form to notice the words. Waaaahhhh. It made me feel very whiny. I shall survive, though. I was going to make this project for mother's day, however, and I don't know if I can get it done in time, now. :(

Lastly, today, I was at a Green Living festival here in Chicago. I walked in and it was PACKED. I am not much for crowds. I was completely overwhelmed by the place. I was in a crowd-stress-induced stupor in about 10 minutes after being there. Yikes. So, at some point, I left my husband behind while he asked important questions (that I wish I had had the patience to wait for) and went outside into the incredibly beautiful day and knitted. Once again this weekend, knitting saved my mortal soul. Yay! I sat in the middle of Lake Shore Drive on a grassy knoll....









I think I may actually finish my Feb. socks before the next kit arrives in the next week or so! Yay! I just wonder whether I'm going to be able to cable on the train. Probably not. So, I'll read instead. Unless I start one of my other fabulous knitting projects now that I have all of this unbelievably gorgeous STR yarn.

No comments: